Petrol Driven Cut Off Saw
This course covers all aspects of how to use a petrol driven cut off saw safely including abrasive wheels.
The course is accredited by Cskills Awards and is approved by Stihl GB and Skanska. It is aimed at construction companies who want to make sure their workers are competent, or workers who want to prove their skills using saws on site.
- Understand the PPE requirements when using a cut off saw
- Demonstrate the correct use of required PPE
- Understand the safety features of the machine
- Carry out pre-start checks to identify that the machine is in a safe condition
- Understand the importance of fitting fuel cap correctly
- Identify that the fuel cap is correctly fitted
- Understand the cause of kickback
- Demonstrate how to avoid kickback from happening
- Understand the importance of ensuring that the wheel is correct for the machine and the application
- Check that the wheel is correct for the machine and the application
- Understand how to safely fit the wheel
- Demonstrate how to safely fit a wheel
- Understand the need for carrying out a site assessment prior to starting work
- Carry out a site assessment prior to starting work
- Refuel the machine safely
- Know the action to take when fuel is spilt or leaks from the machine
- Understand how to start the machine from cold
- Demonstrate the correct technique for starting the saw from cold
- Understand how to start the machine
- Demonstrate how to start the machine
- Support material on the ground
- Demonstrate the correct technique for cutting material on the ground
- Use dust suppression
- Check and / or adjust the guard with respect to the direction of sparks
- Demonstrate cutting metal using correct technique
- Demonstrate the correct method of carrying the machine whilst on site
- Understand the need to remove the wheel from the machine before placing it in a vehicle
- Demonstrate how to safely transport the saw in a vehicle
Duration & Location
Duration – ½ day.
Location – The training centre is based in Coppull (PR7 4ND).
Those who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate from a recognised awarding organisation: Cskills Awards.