Signing, Lighting and Guarding
This course covers how to safely assemble street works and meet the requirements of the street works and road works Code of Practice.
This course teaches operatives and supervisor how to safely carry out signing, lighting and guarding of street works and road works on all highways and roads (except motorways and dual carriageways with a speed limit exceeding 50mph).
- Learn the need for safer roadworks, basic signs and equipment
- Learn how to use traffic control
- Work at road junctions, traffic signals and pedestrian crossing
- Learn how to sign, light and guard footways with temporary footway in carriageway
- Learn how to set up signing, lighting and guarding in a single two way two lane carriageway with a speed limit of 30mph
Duration & Location
Duration – 1 day.
Location – The training centre based in Coppull (PR7 4ND).
Those who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate from a recognised awarding organisation: SQA awards.